Prosource.it is a managed IT services provider focusing on infrastructure, operational and project requirements across the corporate enterprise market. Our global office presence extends from Aberdeen and London in the UK to Houston, Calgary and Dubai. We have a workforce of +600 staff and contractors worldwide and continually have opportunities in challenging and rewarding roles.
We are seeking an Applications Support Analyst to work as part of a team based in Doha providing support to our client’s technical applications portfolio for users in Doha and in other locations across the organisation. The role will predominantly be involved in support activities within the technical applications support service as well as acting as a technical resource in project activities related to the applications managed by the support service.
• Central point of contact for technical applications incidents and requests, and must develop a strong relationship with customer base.
• Prioritise incidents and requests, based upon customer input and defined criteria, to ensure service delivery to the customer is optimised.
• Diagnose and determine solutions for technical applications incidents and problems.
• Co-ordinate where appropriate responses to incidents / requests with service partners (infrastructure, data management), 3rd party vendors and ensure customer is kept up to date with progress.
• Work in accordance with established SLAs, and agree timescales for delivery of solutions with customers.
• Work closely with the technical applications end-user community, functional SME support staff from other functions including infrastructure support and external suppliers
• Provide technical application installation and configuration.
• Coordinate application upgrades according to agreed upgrade schedule and within the change management practices defined.
• Create and maintain application inventories and documentation.
• Coordinate within the Technical Applications support team, incidents or requests requiring multi-site technical solutions.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in technical support roles in the upstream oil and gas industry
• Minimum 3-5 years experience in supporting technical applications deployed on both Windows and Linux operating systems
• Experience in installation, configuration and troubleshooting of technical applications such as; Petrel, Techlog, Eclipse, OpenWorks/Decision Space, EDM, Bentley SACS, ARCGIS would be advantageous
• Certified in ITIL v3 and/or experience working in an ITIL environment
• Good communication and problem-solving skills