Under the direction and supervision of the Senior Technician performs base level functions and tasks including preventative maintenance, repair and modifications to a wide range of electronic and mechanical equipment such as data acquisition systems, Open and/or Cased Hole tools, and communication equipment.
The employee has obtained the necessary skills and knowledge and is capable of working autonomously on preventive and corrective tasks covering most of tools and equipment from Open Hole and/or Cased Hole domains. Additionally, he/she should be contributing towards improvement of safe work practices, processes and procedures, and failure analysis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Completion of all related competencies, proficiency and training required to successful reach this level, as detailed on Wireline Career Progression document.
- Demonstrate familiarity with Wireline documentation and other online training and support systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Wireline operations policies & procedures, which may include Radiation, Ballistics, Pressure Control, and preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of all Weatherford tools and equipment at the location, including associated hazards.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment which may include tools and equipment in some or all of the following technology groups: Auxiliary & Conveyance, Casing Integrity, Fleet & Surface Support, Nuclear- Porosity/Lithology, Plugback Services, Perforation and Pipe Recovery, Production Logging, Acoustic, Acquisition & Software, Imaging Services, Formation Testing & Sampling, Resistivity, in accordance with Weatheford’s documented policies and procedures.
- Perform troubleshooting on a wide range of electronic equipment including data acquisition systems and downhole tools to determine cause of failure and perform corrective maintenance in accordance with Weatherford’s documented policies and procedures.
- Perform modifications on a wide range of electronic equipment including data acquisition systems and downhole tools as per Operation Letters and in accordance with Weatherford’s documented policies and procedures.
- As applicable fully test and calibrate tools in accordance with Weatherford policy and procedures.
- Complete Work Orders, Repair Requests, and update Databases as applicable.
- Participate in Weatherford’s Competency Assurance Program by attending formal Training Programs as provided by Weatherford as well as completing on the job training at location.
- Identify Opportunities for Improvement in regards to equipment and procedures and document in WISE System.
- Maintain equipment, facilities and work area in a presentable and working condition.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to read and understand Mechanical Drawings
- Ability to read and understand Electronic Diagrams
- Ability to read basic schematics
- Ability to use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pipe wrenches, drill, pliers
- Basic Soldering Skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Good Mechanical Aptitude
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of both Windows and LINUX based operating systems
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certificate from an Electronic Technician Repair program or equivalent experience