- Ensures implementation and utilisation of MAXIMO, reviews plant additions from reliability and maintainability aspect, and assumes quality assurance role for major tasks or tasks where there are concerns over standards in coordination with Area Engineer.
- Ensures optimisation of maintenance strategies, analysis of all critical static equipment failures and recommendation for corrective measures.
- Supports major expansion project by reviewing design basis and scope prior to detailed engineering.
- Develops strategies to update/replace equipment and systems that are obsolete and old.
- Conducts HSE audits and evaluates systems and procedures from HSE perspective.
Plant Reliability of Static Equipment
- Carries out various technical activities related to plant reliability of static equipment which includes reviewing plant additions from reliability and maintainability aspect, analysing all critical equipment failures and recommending corrective measures, and developing and implementing hi-tech maintenance programs including participation in reliability improvement programs to solve specific reliability problems.
Monitoring of Equipment
- Establishes and develops equipment monitoring programs on major items of static equipment as well as site guidance in making equipment performance observations i.e. analysing frequent failures, critical equipment failures etc.; diagnoses the causes and advises on remedial measures to be taken.
Introducing State of the Art Technologies.
- Keeps abreast on new technologies and techniques regarding condition monitoring and diagnostics through contacts with equipment manufacturers; includes recommending appropriate applications, such as thermography etc.
- Also assists in the design review of plant modifications and capital projects.
- Assists in the preparation of predictive, preventive, modification and major shutdown maintenance programmes for all static equipment in RR, including implementation of an internal QA/QC procedures for preventive maintenance works to ensure that preventive maintenance routines are carried out correctly and that necessary remedial actions are followed up.
- Follows up on major maintenance work related to static equipment, and keeps abreast of conditions and type of repair needed, i.e. replacement, modifications, refurbishment.
- Reviews requirements for unit shutdown or plant turnaround materials and reports shortages to stores personnel; if not available raises purchase requisitions including carrying out technical evaluation of bids as well as inspecting materials upon arrival to ensure conformity to specifications.
- Provides advice on actions to be taken related to complex problems; includes advising section head/ engineer/ supervisor on trouble shooting of important / chronic failures and giving repair and test procedures.
- Participates in preparation of budget estimates for capital and operating requirements.
- Audits maintenance records on all vital and essential equipment and database for stationary equipment maintenance management system.
- Identifies major contracts and procurement items for next five years.
- Distributes the same in five year business plan as per requirement/procedure.
- Participates in and coordinates DAA, HSE and TQM activities. Conducts HSE internal audits.
- Assists in preparing training programs for UAE National employees undergoing on-the-job training by identifying specific training needs.
- Provides essential training and guidance to trainees, developees and other subordinates with a clear objective of career development.
- Performs other similar or related activities as assigned.
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering.
- 9 years’ experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide range of static equipment and systems in an oil/gas or petrochemical industry.
- Familiarity with CMMMS (Maximo preferred).
- Familiarity with Reliability Centered
- Maintenance (RCM) techniques.
- Good spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of Arabic language is preferable.
- Analytical and precise communication skills.