- Leads the Electrical Engineering team within the Projects Execution Section in providing expert technical support to the Mechanical, Civil and Electrical Engineers, to ensure that electrical equipment of plant and new projects are operated and maintained in line with Company standards.
- Develops equipment lists, material requisitions, purchase specifications and other documents related to the project execution.
- Receives and reviews project and electrical plans from the Engineering Development Section.
- Coordinates and meets with the Senior Development Engineer and/or Senior Projects Engineer for clarification and discussion.
- Liaises with Senior Construction Mechanical and Civil Engineers.
- Reviews and comments on task risk/opportunity assessment and method statements submitted by the contractors.
- Attends Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) and Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and certifies contractor’s equipment.
Electrical Engineering Practice:
- Allocates tasks to the Electrical Engineer and offers advice and mentoring.
- Assesses project deviations and submits technical deviation requirements to the
- Engineering Development Section for their approval.
- Submits commercial variations for final approval by top management.
- Directs and coordinates installation and operational testing.
- Ensures works are completed in accordance with an approved budget.
- Reviews and audits contractors’ electrical plans and methodology.
- Gives site instructions to contractors and ensures their performance is monitored.
- Conducts regular meetings with contractors to discuss schedule and mobilisation of appropriate resources.
- Meets weekly with contractors to review proposals, variation orders and to give advice if necessary.
- Carries out audits on contractors in accordance with the agreement.
- Reviews and certifies modifications submitted by contractors and submits to the Engineering Development Section to update the company documentation.
- Coordinates with contractors to submit all QA/QC reports.
- Constantly reviews approved project plans to ensure that contractors are allocating sufficient manpower and resources.
- Reviews and comments on risk assessments and method statements submitted by the contractor.
- Endorses work-completion documents for invoicing purposes to pay contractors at different stages.
- Controls Construction Electrical Engineering costs in accordance with the approved project plan budget.
- Undertakes completion commissioning and hand over.
- Prepares project close out reports upon completion of projects and submits to the Engineering Development Section for record purposes.
- Develops project completion reports including operation and maintenance manuals and SPIRs (Spare Parts Interchange Ability Record).
- Ensures complete drawings have been fully uploaded into MAXIMO once projects have been accepted and commissioned.
- Ensures the Projects Execution Section Head is fully aware of performance indices and issues regarding all aspects of the Construction Electrical Engineering brief through verbal and written reports, including progress, variations and expenditure, and completion forecasts.
Health Safety, Environment and Fire Procedures:
- Knows the Company’s Health, Safety, Environment and Fire Policy, Procedures, Regulations and Objectives as they relate to his areas of responsibility; ensures that they are effectively implemented by Construction Electrical Engineering staff and contractors.
- Briefs all project personnel including contractors on HSEF matters and ensures that they are equipped with the proper safety gear at duty time and are well trained as auxiliary fire fighters.
- Performs other similar or related activities as assigned by the Projects Execution Section Head.
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum nine years’ experience, preferably in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Knowledge of all aspects of electrical engineering, cost control, project schedules and safety.
- Possesses current knowledge of organisational and engineering practices
- Knowledge of the international standard codes and international industry standards and protocols
- Functional experience with Microsoft Office and Primavera applications
- Ability to engage in technical discussions and conduct meetings with engineers and contractors
- Able to identify impacts on project and costs associated with changes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the Oil and Gas Industry
- Proficient in verbal and written English