Job Purpose & Scope:
- Provides technical and organizational services pertaining to “Maintenance Planning Function” to site/filed maintenance, in order to carry out activities in a cost effective manner. In addition, provides necessary support to Production section to enhance the equipment availability by aligning the planned as well as unplanned activities. Maintenance Planning Engineer coordinates develops the plant turnaround and shutdown plans, in close liaison with Abu Dhabi Support Department team, and monitors the execution and serves as a primary resource for CMMS implementation, improvement and support.
- Prepare achievable Maintenance programme in consultation with all Maintenance Trades, Production and Maintenance Support Department (Abu Dhabi) for implementation, taking into accounts the various constraints.
- Coordinates/ Receives the yearly static equipment plans for Vessels/PSV’s inspection etc., from FIP Inspection engineers, and plans/ schedule through weekly coordination meetings, based on the manpower/ resources availability.
- Works closely with the Maintenance and Production team to support effective planning for shutdowns and special projects. Develops the overall master plan for maintenance-related activities and issues quarterly, monthly and weekly look ahead plans for implementation.
- Follow-up on regular basis, the correct implementation of the maintenance plans and flag concerns well in advance and update the Maintenance, Production and Planning Team Leaders accordingly.
- Prepares the site Weekly Meeting Agenda, presents the current maintenance and inspection performance, highlights the main issues and concerns and updates the MOM.
- Attending daily PTW meeting to resolve, support and update any maintenance planning issues affecting day to day maintenance and operation.
- Develops and maintains a current backlog summary of maintenance repairs, preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance and inspections due. Monitors and evaluates the level of backlog. Reports on monthly basis to Site Management and Line Managers for actions.
- Maintains list of pending work orders (Opportunity based) that requires Plant/Units or Equipment shutdown and inform the respective trades to carry them out during any shutdown opportunity.
- Supports the scheduling Predictive maintenance (PdM) technology application such as Oil analysis/Infrared etc. and planning of maintenance repairs to correct deficiencies found during both the PM and PdM inspections. Coordinates the introduction of all new PdM technologies to the operation with the support of Ratability & Data Management Department (OSMS – RD).
- Ensures proper collection and completion of maintenance documentation and inputs all appropriate data (from work orders, requisitions, etc.) into the MAXIMO, to assist analysis and the future scheduling of work.
- Responsible for supporting and implementation of a future CMMS as a prime internal technical resource. Coordinates the development and maintenance of databases for equipment history, work orders, and PM.
- Serves as focal point for maintenance Management System update and implementation.
Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts):
- Regular contacts at own or next higher level in own department and Site Maintenance and Production Departments. Regular contacts at own level in other departments to coordinate work progress and obtain information and assistance as required. Regular contacts with Maintenance Planning Abu Dhabi for Supervision and Support Maintenance Planning assistants.
Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
- Works mainly in accordance with established procedures and technical standards, but has a fair degree of responsibility in implementation Maintenance Programs.
Physical Effort: Minimal
Work Environment: Approximately 70 % of the working time is spent in an Air-Conditioned environment. The remainder is spent on site exposed to prevailing weather conditions and dirt, grease and noise.
Terms and Conditions:
- Employment Type: Contract Hire – Long Term
- Location: Offshore, Abu Dhabi.
- Rotation: 28 Days ON/OFF
- Degree in Engineering, preferably in Mechanical.
- Min 8 to 10 Years’ experience in multi-discipline planning of engineering and maintenance activities in an Oil & Gas OR Petrochemical Industry.
- Good experience in working with CMMS preferably MAXIMO is a must.
- Knowledge of PCs and Software applications, Knowledge of MS Project is a must.