Job purpose and Scope
Conduct installation, preventive maintenance , removal and reinstallation , repair and testing of one or more of the following systems as per work assignment.
- VHF, UHF, HF radio equipment
- Power line carrier system
- Fiber optic system
- PA systems, Fax, paging systems
- NDB, meteo-oceanographic systems and air/ground equipment
- Voice recording systems
- Microwave, LOS equipment including PCM system
- SDH/PDH equipment with electrical/ optical fiber interfaces and related multiplex systems. (STM-1. STM-4 and STM-16).
- LAN/WAN equipment, commercial satellite TV (C and Ku Band ) and CCTV systems
- Antenna installations, measurements and adjustments
- Remote Terminal Units (RTUs) that combine the functionality of a PLC with WiMAX and CIT microwave radio systems
- Temporary gas detection systems for simultaneous operations at well head towers
- RFID personnel tracking system
- Conducts a comprehensive , corrective and preventive maintenance program on a variety of equipment off shore as per assigned job scope and ensure their availibility at the optimum level in accordance with Company operational requirements. Specified faulty items are sent to ITTN in AUH for repair together with the appropriate documentations.
- Conducts corrective maintenance on specified equipment up to component level and ensure that work performed is according to manufacturer’s recommendations, followed by conducting tests using a variety of tools and test equipment.
- Participate in the installation, connection and tuning of a variety of equipment as per his job assignment at various locations as required by the company.
- Implement modification and enhancement of RTUs and associated equipment and participate in installation and commissioning of new RTUs and other hook up programs including installation and removal of temporary Gas detection systems at well head towers.
- Maintain a record of all tools and test equipment utilized and ensure their availibility by accurate checks and ensure their accuracy by periodically sending them to ITTN Lab in AUH for calibration as recommended by the manufacturer and agreed with ITTN
- Investigates causes of defective operation of systems and equipment including interfcaes to other systems and recommend modifications to equipment or operational conditions, discussing solutions with the Telecom /Control engineers as appropriate.
- Ensures that maintenance procedures are adhered to and complete all necessary documentation to facilitate work and up date records. Participates in conjunction with the Telecom Engineer , in the continuous review of maintenance procedures and in the recommendation of appropriate amendments.
- In close coordination with contractors (when on site) undertakes the installation of new equipment or modification of the existing ones and ensures that work is carried out according to specifications and ensures that performance of that equipment is within agreed standards and company requirments.
- Conducts similar or related duties such as preparing mission orders, work orders, maintenenace reports, requisitions for transportation, monthly time sheets and work permits , and ensuring that all work is fully documented.
- Ensures full compliance to Company Fire and Safety and Environment procedures and standards in all executed work/tasks and actively contribute to sections HSE- Target KPI’s.
- Participates in the on the job training of UAE Developees and provide all possible supports to help them meet their targets.
Terms and Conditions:
- Location: Abu Dhabi (off shore)
- Rotation : 4 weeks ON/ 4 weeks OFF
- Negotiable salary
- Advanced vocational qualification (HND) or equivalent in Electronics and Telecommunications
- Minimum 5 years (hands on) varied experience in the installation, maintenance , repair and testing of modern VHF, UHF and HF radio equipment , mocrowave, multiplexers, specifically where used for data transmission and voice communication and microprocessor based remote terminal systems (RTU) in a SCADA environment.
- Work experience in a similar environment in the oil or petro chemical industry is an advantage.