Senior Instrument Technician assumes high level of responsibility for the safe and timely completion of assigned jobs in the field. He is also responsible to prepare PTW/JSA, TBT and other supporting documents as per job requirement. He should be able to work under pressure and has willingness to work in varying conditions. Candidate has to work with limited supervision and should be able to provide work direction to company’s technicians and contract technicians. Assists for the development of trainee technicians.
Ensuring work compliance to the standards, tolerances and fits. Working in accordance with best practices and procedures on all jobs under his purview. Accountabilities include maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all equipment under instrument discipline including field instruments, control valves and ESDVs in the plant. Proper reporting and timely completion of all duties according to applicable safety measures and published procedures.
- Skill level varies from basic troubleshooting, preventive and corrective maintenance of all field instruments and associated control systems.
- Preferably with HND (Diploma) in Instrumentation & Control Systems or at least completed secondary school, followed by related vocational training program (TAFE).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Instrument Technician in a reputed oil & gas company.
- Experience in installation, commissioning and maintenance of field instruments & control valves.
- Familiar with PFD, P&ID, Logic & Loop drawings, C&E, datasheet review, instrument index, etc. for daily job requirement.
- Must be conversant with DCS and ESD control system operations for maintenance requirements.
- Implementing BPOs and troubleshooting of process or equipment issues with CADs/Trends/SOEs.
- Good written and spoken English language proficiency as well as familiar with the use of basic MS Office applications.