Senior Electrical Technician assumes high level of responsibility for the safe and timely completion of assigned jobs in the field. He is also responsible to prepare PTW/JSA, TBT and other supporting documents as per job requirement. He should be able to work under pressure and has willingness to work in varying conditions. Candidate has to work with limited supervision and should be able to provide work direction to company’s technicians and contract technicians. Assist for the development of trainee technicians.
- Ensuring work compliance to the standards, tolerances and fits. Working in accordance with best practices and procedures on all jobs under his purview. Implementing isolations and de-isolation of electrical equipment, in line with company policy & procedure. Maintenance of UPS, Battery chargers, Electrical Monitoring & Control Systems. Proper reporting and timely completion of all duties according to applicable safety measures and published procedures.
- Skill level varies from basic troubleshooting, preventive and corrective maintenance of all field instruments and associated electrical control systems.
- Preferably with HND (Diploma) in Electrical or at least completed secondary school, followed by related vocational training program (TAFE).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Electrical Technician in a reputed oil & gas company.
- Hands-on working experience with different types of Transformers, HV/LV motors, Protective relays and switches.
- Able to independently carry out installation, modification, and maintenance activities on all electrical equipment used in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Able to read and review electrical drawings for maintenance and troubleshooting requirements.
- Able to report faults and identifies requirements for major repairs.
- Good written and spoken English language proficiency as well as familiar with the use of basic MS Office applications.