Company: Paradigm International
Location: Dubai Emirate, United Arab Emirates
Functional Supervisor: Completions Manager
Accountable: Project Construction Manager
Paradigm International is currently seeking experienced Senior Completions Engineer to join our client’s production team in Dubai Office, this is a contract opportunity (06 months extendable contract).
Our Client is a leading provider of integrated engineering, procurement, construction and installation (EPCI) services for offshore and subsea field developments worldwide. They deliver fixed and floating production facilities, pipelines, and subsea systems from concept to commissioning to help oil companies safely produce and transport hydrocarbons. Core area they are in Offshore, Subsea Solutions and provide Concept to Commissioning(EPCI).
PRIMARY TASK OF POSITION
– Deliver disciplined Completions leadership in both a Greenfield & Brownfield Project environments in line with Project Manager’s expectations, on HSE, Quality and Technical requirements.
– Lead engagement with Operations, Pre-commissioning, Design, Engineering and Quality groups to obtain full scope understanding and manage disciplines to optimum design success.
– Develop a level 3 Pre-commissioning / Commissioning schedule aligned to system criticality and handover.
– Participate in constructability reviews; plans to drive design optimization monitor input from 3C team.
– Actively participate and contribute in the development of implementation completion estimates and bid execution strategies whilst supporting estimating team as a SME.
– Lead completions team for the preparation of project pre-comm execution sequence and schedule logic.
– Inspect and approve and completion construction work packs and handover dossiers.
– Sign off man hour summaries via task sheet / job card module.
– Provide completions leadership and oversight during the implementation of pre-comm and commissioning activities.
– Review and approve system/sub systems limit drawings aligned to handover philosophy.
– Monitor and manage the timely delivery of documentation, materials, personnel, vendors and sub-contractors aligned to completion schedule and escalate to PMT if you notice slippage.
– Manage and monitor implementation related changes and growth during the course of the project specifically related to predecessor activities i.e. hook-up works that could impact completions.
– Travel to facilities to review project team’s performance and implement improvement measures to ensure planned compliance.
– Mange the overall coordination of fabrication yard pre-commissioning/commissioning activities to ensure full system completion is achieved prior sail-away.
– Ensure the preparation and coordination of pre-commissioning / commissioning CMS (PIMS) or specific system identified by Client is in place and functional.
– Liaise with 3C and functional completions manager to ensure hand-over priorities are met against critical milestones.
– Provide guidance to the hook-up manager on the selection, use and management of Marine spreads.
– Be an active member of the PMT and provide technical expertise, for example problem solving, smart planning and budget explanations.
– Support the Functional Completions Manager and ensure best practice and innovations to optimise delivery are being communicated and delivered.
– As part of PMT manage completions budget against estimate and look for opportunities to improve.
– Ensure compliance against procedural framework and communicate expectation.
RESPONSIBILITIES (in addition to Primary Task)
Health, Safety and Environment:
– Provide leadership in support of asset incidents / hazards investigations and communicate findings to PMT and Function Management team.
– Provide H&S leadership to completions team to ensure execution risks and mitigations are identified within HCP.
– Monitor day-to-day HSE performance during completion activities to ensure leading indicators are achieved.
– Monitor the delivery of quality completions documentation, for example HCP, system dossiers.
– Ensure accurate and rational inputs are provided in to Project execution schedules that reflect optimum, realistic and measurable man-hours.
– Monitor site & technical queries through quality front end Hook-up planning and preparations to ensure minimal change.
Cost / Budget:
– Manage Project completion processes within agreed budget constraints (HCP level).
– Know and track both on and site completion budgets and ensure compliance against these is maintained and or improved.
Schedule / Reporting:
– Provide effective guidance on reporting and system status updates aligned to known KPI’s.
Leadership / Commitment:
– Provide oversight of implementation handover milestones between to PC and then for handover to Client.
– Recognise and know own and other roles and responsibilities, and ensure completion team are aligned to business expectations.
– Actively monitor and maintain teamwork at all levels within project and peer groups.
– Maintain a high level of project ownership throughout all phases of work.
– Lead the drive ongoing innovation and continuous improvement, and ensure learning opportunities to limit wastage and unplanned impacts are mitigated.
Building Effective Business Relationships:
– Communicate with confidence and concisely lead my example to ensure Clients and Stakeholders are given assurance that you and your team can deliver -do what you comment to.
– Actively seek feedback from customers to gauge satisfaction of you and your team performance from both internal and external stakeholders and implement improvement opportunities.
– Give clear feedback to your direct reports on their performance.
People management and development
– Support Functional Completions Manager by identifying high potential team members for future promotion.
– Performance manage those not aligned to business objectives, with support of functional management team.
Technical / Systems
– Provide sound and rational advice within the PMT to ensure project / business objective are met over that of the short-term personnel gains.
– Develop company’s capability and relationship with Client, to build future business opportunities.
Selection Criteria – Essential
– Set clear & realistic timeframes for self & others, and provide team with clear sense of direction by reducing inter-discipline barriers, and taking ownership of results.
– Take accountability of the team’s performance during life cycle of Project and performance manage accordingly to individual level of effort, whilst liaising with Hook-up Manager
– Interpersonal and Client / Stakeholder liaison skills which creates and sustain high-quality relationships.
– Lead and manage a completions team professionally, ethically to achieve tight deadlines without compromising HSE and quality standards.
Selection Criteria – Desirable:
– Ability to develop robust pre-commissioning / commissioning procedures, and deliver aligned to 3C Improvement Plan.