Project Quality Control Manager
- Post Date:17/08/2018
Kuwait City, Kuwait
- To supervise and manage all Quality Assurance & Control (QA/QC) functions in the workplace and manage a team of Senior QC Engineers, QC Engineers, Welding Inspectors and QC Inspectors for day to day QA/QC functions.
- To be responsible for the preparation and getting client approval of project quality plan and work instructions in accordance with contract specifications and company quality control system requirements.
- To interface and coordinate with clients for production and QC matters and coordinate with third party inspection agencies for all related inspection activities.
- To monitor the project activities for the implementation of the customer and company quality control system requirements and advise the project manager in case of any violation.
- To act as a focal and coordination point for ISO internal and external audits and to conduct internal and operation audits.
- To plan and undertake Subcontractor audits and reviews of Subcontractor quality control programs.
- Responsible for compiling Inspection records and other Quality control documents and preparation of final document dossier for final client submission.
- To coordinate non-conformance identification, disposition and corrective action follow up.
- To identify/access the QC requirement for the project and liaise with respective Operation and QC Department for its compliance.
- For ASME Certification Marking jobs (as required)
- To be responsible for ASME Coded Jobs coordination with the Authorized Inspection Agency (AIA) and NDT Level III for all QC related documents approval and also for the compliance of in-progress inspection activities. To act as a focal and coordination point for ASME Review Audits and also responsible for ASME QC Manual review and revision as and when required.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in Mechanical / Civil /Engineering
- 20 years of experience in QC related works in handling 2 big pipeline or Refinery or O&G projects or Road / Bridge in the capacity of Site QC Manager.
- Prior experience in GCC is a must and similar projects experience is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with ISO-9000 quality control system
- Knowledge and hands on experience in the quality control area of NDE, Welding Technology, Painting, Electrical & Instrumentation, Civil works as applicable
- Familiarization with the respective Codes and Standards used in the various field of applicable Engineering specialization
- Prepare and review all type of QC documents
- Data Analysis
- Report writing and business and technical correspondence
- Team Leadership
- Management and Business Administration
- Conflict and Grievance Resolution
- Negotiation and Communication Skills
- Certification for nondestructive testing techniques or Welding Inspection as applicable