The Production Chemist is a key role in the QGC Asset, responsible for providing specialist support within the areas of Health, Safety, Security, Environment (HSSE) product stewardship and discipline contracts. An area of focus for this role is the implementation, monitoring, and enhancement of present and future asset management systems where production chemistry is directly involved.
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities of this role are:
- Ensure complete chemical approval documentation including risk assessments.
- Review Safety Data Sheets and liaise with other asset contract holders.
- Lead quarterly Product Stewardship meetings and maintain asset chemical greening plan.
- Support Management of Change (MOC) or the change out or inclusion of new applications in the portfolio.
- Perform health checks on QGC facilities through scheduled audits
- Training of asset staff and custodian of all supporting documentation.
- Ensure all chemicals are adequately captured and process improvements are disseminated throughout the business and stakeholders.
- Supports contract owner in tracking of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), audit and sub-contractor management of requirements.
- Oversee all activities associated with the business management system plan.
- Understanding of Australian legislation requirements through internal and external networks
- Interpret production chemistry data for critical reporting to internal and or external customers.
The candidate we are seeking for this position, will have/be;
- Demonstrated experience in an Exploration and Production Operating Unit (preferably gas-producing).
- Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Relevant experience in HSSE chemical management within water and gas operations or chemical industry.
- Demonstrated experience in chemical contracts and management.
Crucial to the success of this role is the ability to collaboratively work with multi-functional teams, whilst being the subject matter expert for dangerous goods compliance, production chemistry commercial contracts and associated software to support the framework. If you have these skills, qualifications and specialist competencies teamed with relevant industry experience we would welcome your application.
- View this vacancy here