The Plant Manager is responsible for general supervision of all phases of plant operations including: production, quality control, maintenance, warehousing, and shipping. Responsibilities also include recruiting, hiring and training personnel and facility/physical plant up-keep and capital improvements. In addition the Plant Manager will be responsible for annual budget planning and execution. He will work closely with the production team to increase productivity and profitability within the manufacturing operation.
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the facility.
- Prepare and update a 6-month look-ahead production schedule for all manufacturing departments to insure continuous production, while performing at highest efficiency possible, being cost effective and insuring adequate inventory levels.
- Analyze workforce requirements and accordingly coordinate the hiring and training of all manufacturing personnel.
- Monitor operation expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality.
- Work closely with the Safety Manager to ensure all members of the manufacturing team are aware of safety policies to provide a safe workplace for our employees.
- Measure the level of safety and ensure its improvement
- Maintain Inventory levels and control flow of product.
- Maintain and support a superior safety and housekeeping program.
- Develop and execute the plant manufacturing budgets.
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to all operations employees.
Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment.
- Measure the level of productivity and ensure its improvement
- Measure the level of quality and ensure its improvement
- Develop and enforce policies and procedures for production methods, quality and safety