• Assist Head of Loss Prevention Engineering with the implementation of the Company loss prevention program and ensure compliance with relevant codes of practice and petrochemical industry engineering standards.
• Participate in or lead in-house hazard identification and risk assessment studies as appropriate and prepare related reports. Work with other groups to ensure that risk assessment recommendations receive appropriate follow-up.
• Review engineering documentations, project deliverables, interface documentation related to process safety engineering and provide professional assessment of the documents
• Assist with scope development for externally contracted safety studies and co-ordinate review and acceptance of such studies.
• Prepare/update loss prevention engineering procedures as need is identified.
• Lead the activities of the assigned personnel in Loss Prevention Engineering.
• Provide Loss Prevention input and review for engineering documentations, project deliverables, interface documents to ensure they meet with the current standards
• Facilitate, lead Formal Risk Assessment (Joint Safety Review, HAZOP, what-if) and prepare related reports
• Provide advices on the use of SHE Risk Assessment Matrix, implementation of Formal Risk Assessment Procedure.
• Manage development of Operational SHE Case. Coordinate activities required for the completion of Operational SHE Case. Work with external consultant to produce quality SHE Case document. Work with QG Assets and other functional group to secure.
• Participate in eMOC (Management of Change) Process. Review Management of Change requests (MOCs) and consult with assigned engineers and the functional groups to ensure that Plant\Field integrity and safety is maintained. In the absence of Head of LPE, sit in as a Plant Change Committee member to review and approve MOC Initiation request.
• Participate in RLC-managed Risk Management Forum and HSE Directorate General working team for major hazard framework
• Represent Loss Prevention and provide support to the capital projects for any safety study including, HAZOP, HAZID, 3D Model Review, SIL Review, QRA.
• Participate in handover planning of new asset to QG Opco from loss prevention engineering point of view
• Provide inputs to QG assets on process safety improvement
• Provides administrative assistance to Head of LPE on various issues and substitutes as Acting Head of LPE on as required basis.
• Responsible for the support of Company Safety, Environment and Quality policies and programs, and carrying out specific duties and responsibilities related to his job as spelled out in Management system documentation, policies, procedures, local documentation, Management System Manual, Safety Manual and other related documents.
• Coordinates and participates, as required, in accident & incident investigations.
• 10 years of work experience in an oil & gas.
• Attain and maintain competence in accordance with the technical competence framework requirements.
• Computer literate, and competent with a variety of engineering software tools.
• Conversant with Qatargas, National and internationally accepted specifications.
• Fluent in English language (demonstrated verbal and written skills).
• Degree in Engineering or Science majoring in Engineering in the area of specialization from an accredited university.