• Receive from the head of the department a number of requests of low and medium complexity level of local purchases of the Entity needs and process them from the local market.
• Seeks technical clarifications from initiators if requisition information is insufficient.
• Understands the needs, source potential suppliers, prepares and sends out Request for Quotations, makes sure offers/bids are received on time, sends reminders and collects data received.
• Analyze and evaluate the offers received, assesses whether they are technically acceptable (i.e. meet specs/scope of work), seeks clarifications from suppliers if necessary; coordinates with Requestor on technical issues, prepares bid comparison analyses and formulates Recommendations to Award taking into account all related factors (Cost, target delivery time, material quality,,,,etc).
• Ensure Single-source/Regularizations justifications are obtained prior to order placements if applicable.
• Prepare the Contractual document (Purchase Orders) using SAP and submits them to his hierarchy for approval and release.
• Follow up the transmittal of the contractual document to suppliers once approved and ensures that documents are well received and processed.
• Make sure that the PO file (electronic and hard copy) are enclosed with all supporting documents (requisition, scope of work, technical data, request for quotations, exchange of correspondence, both internal and external, copy of any other relevant document) in order to build the purchasing file in a manner to retrieve all documents required and justifying final commitment (for future audits).
• Act as an Expeditor for the organization and/or follow up of delivery of material after PO award.
• Maintain an updated follow up on all received Purchase Requisitions with the detailed status and generate an up to date status report on all pending files.
• Take up claims with suppliers in case of quality problems/ material damage.
• Keeps requestors informed on the progress of the processing of their requisition, expected delivery date and possible delays.
• Develops and maintains good relationships and communications with internal clients within the Entity.
• Carries out other similar or related duties such as evaluating vendor reliability.
• Liaises with Accounts Payable group to resolve invoice/payment discrepancies/delay.
• Performs any other duties as may be required by his hierarchy from time to time.
Bachelor degree in a technical field or business administration.
? Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Procurement field in Oil and Gas industry.
? Good knowledge of all aspects of procurement contents and process.
? Excellent negotiations and communication skills.
? Good command of both spoken and written English.
? Good knowledge of MS applications.
? Able to work under pressure.
? Ideally, a candidate with a very good knowledge
of the local market