Electrical, Commissioning, Offshore, Fabrication, Yard, Lead, EPC
A Major offshore engineering and construction company requires a Lead Electrical Commissioning Engineer to join them on a 6 month contract in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
The company specialises in pipelines and offshore well heads, platforms, topsides, separation facilities, utilities and accommodation modules.
• Receives Project documentation and understands Scope of Work related to his discipline.
• Report to Commissioning Team Leader as per project Organisation chart.
• Lead a team to undertake commissioning activities in small projects.
• Interfaces with other disciplines to ensure integration of activities.
• Implement & test the subsystems as per project commissioning test sheets.
• Preparation of method statements, procedures and routines where required.
• Interface towards Precommissioning and Company personnel.
• Reports on work progress, bringing to notice potential problems or delays and recommends solutions.
• Assist during the database preparation for precommissioning status index and commissioning technical database.
• Plan, Monitor and assist in Vendor activities as required.
• Ensure temporary supplies and commissioning spares are adequate for the subsystem testing.
• Perform inter-discipline checks.
• Compliance in accordance with HSE Standard.
• Suitable candidates will have a Bachelor degree in Engineering with 15 years commissioning experience within the oil and gas industry with at least 4 years in a Lead role in Commissioning.
• Leadership and Supervisory potentials.
• Good understanding of specific Engineering discipline and interdisciplinary activities.
• Knowledge of Commissioning software.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Good technical knowledge and skills.
• Good Communication skills.