• Participate in early project phases for development of project design team deliverables such as IPS premise, instrument, electrical and controls scope, cost estimation and schedule.
• Develop and maintain the Safety Requirement Specification (SRS) and SIL calculations.
• Develop procedures for Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT), Pre-Startup Acceptance Tests (PSAT), Basic Process Control System (BPCS) testing, etc.
• Provide guidance to develop required changes to existing IPS.
• Support technical service activities such as BPCS and SIS configuration, programming and communication interfaces.
• Provide final check and approval of detail instrument and electrical design drawings, as well as instrument specification sheets.
• Support alarm management, loop tests, PSAT, FAT, PSSR and startup activities and ensure proper documentation and data integrity of loop testing, FAT, PSAT, red-lines, etc.
• Ensure detailed design and installation per approved premise, SRS and ANSI/ISA-84.00.01-2004 and support construction activities.
• Lead SIS Lifecycle front-end phases (SIS portion of Project Premise development, Safety Requirement Specifications (SRS) development, design & engineering, installation and validation).
• Lead/facilitate SIS validation (new installation and modification) activities and ensure compliance with applicable sections of the SIS standard.
• Coordinate SIS validation (new installation and modification) activities and resources with Operations and Maintenance teams.
• Ensure proper documentation and data integrity of SIS validations (new installation and modification).
• Support development of new IPS test procedures and support training of Operations, Maintenance and Technical personnel.
• Investigate IPS failures and activations, as well identifying problems with equipment selection, design, and frequency of testing from IPS failures/activations
• Support the IPS MOC process, IPS Bypass Permit Procedure process & IPS Alarm Documentation and Rationalization (AOA) activities.
• Ensure consistency, quality and continuous improvement of the SIS design process across the facility.
• Performs the design engineering functions for SIS projects, which include establishing the design basis, economic analysis, evaluating technology option, equipment specifications and preparation of process design packages for execution by the project engineering group.
• Play a significant role in plant Process Safety Management, by being involved in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), HAZOP and LOPA studies, action item follow-up and Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSR).
• Support any SIS decommissioning activities and capture and analyze SIS KPIs.
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering
• The ideal candidate would have 3 to 6 years direct experience with process control automation systems (DCS and PLC) and instrumentation design in a petrochemical manufacturing facility.
• SIS certification is highly-desired (CFSP/CFSE)
Key Demographic Requirements – applicants must be:
- Based in Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia National
- Minimum Age: 25
- Maximum Age: 40