Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah ,Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah.
As part of our regional growth plans, we are currently looking for an experienced Utilities Inspector to work closely with the team in Abu Dhabi.
The Utility Coordinator will:
• Keep daily records of all utilities work
• Carry out daily inspections of all utility work and sign off the relevant part of the contractor’s RFI’s in a timely manner.
• Raise any non conformances or poor workmanship with the Utilities Coordinator in a timely manner.
• Raise any safety issues with the Safety Officer and also keep the Utilities Coordinator informed.
Rewards & Benefits:
• A competitive salary
• Accommodation allowance;
• Transportation allowance;
• 26 calendar days annual leave (based on 6 day working week)
• Medical and life insurance cover;
• Company gratuity scheme;
• Discretionary bonus scheme;
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
• A relevant technical qualification (degree) is essential.
• Minimum seven (7) years relevant experience in major highway and infrastructure projects. Familiarity with utilities, drainage and electro-mechanical works.
• The individual must possess the ability to read working drawings and related specifications, and capable of enforcing such specifications.
• Computer literacy and excellent communication skills is essential.