Purpose: Manage and plan all SEQ related shutdown/ turnaround and projects activities to ensure outstanding HSE performance.
Key Job Accountabilities:
• Implement safety programs to ensure the safety and welfare of all parties within areas of responsibilities and to communicate to all concerned (in particular asset management ) the hazard identification and mitigation/ avoidance of unsafe acts and conditions and the need to addressing SHE concerns in a positive, effective and efficient manner to prevent reoccurrence.
• Manage and lead Safety, Quality and Environment related activities during Shutdown (Turnarounds) planning and execution phases. Develop SEQ audit program that covers the various HSE aspects. Issue reports and track findings
• Develop shutdown HSE plans, standards and procedures and stewards their execution by coordinating with all other divisions within SEQ to ensure that all high-risk tasks are identified, sub-contractors are correctly inducted and permit to work procedures are adhered to.
• Manage, develop and steward Shutdown HSEQ KPI’s executing safety campaigns and issuing safety flashes based on data trends and analysis
• Manage risks during the planning and execution of the shutdowns by facilitating risk assessments and stewarding the closure of all actions items prior and during execution
• Ensure adherence to the shutdowns management system and that all the deliverables at various gate levels are achieved within the set time limits, including the execution of current shutdowns, planning for future shutdowns and reporting to the shutdown steering committee on those deliverables.
• Plan, direct, coordinate and supervise the activities of assigned personnel in the shutdowns and projects division. Ensure proper coaching and development of all Qatargas employees within area of responsibility to make safety their first priority.
• Identify requirements for specialised safety shutdown-related contractor services and manages and monitors contract safety performance during execution and ensures compliance with contractual obligations and quality of work.
• Provide Safety oversight for Qatargas projects ensuring all projects follow Qatargas HSE standards.
• Provides Safety input and review during all project phases (i.e. FEED, EPC, Commissioning and Start-up).
• 10 years’ varied experience in safety operations, which of at least 3 years spent at a Supervisory Level.
• Expert knowledge of all operational aspects of the SEQ related function and can ast as a subject matter expert.
• Proficient in written and spoken English.
• Computer literacy (MS Office) including the use of software applications.
• Well developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with al organizational levels.
• Proven analytical, organizational and planning skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a Science discipline.