Linum Consult’s client is a world leader in power & energy. They are currently seeking a Head of Safety who has experience of working for a world class Oil & Gas Company, to join a well-established team in Qatar
• Leading and managing a team of safety professionals and safety equipment technicians both offshore and onshore
• Being the subject matter expert for all offshore safety, marine, and aviation activities and as such being directly responsible for all aspects of safety, health, environmental monitoring and reporting, emergency response, relevant safety training, risk assessments, and incident investigations
• Overseeing and monitoring teams of safety professionals within the facilities management and projects departments
• Planning, directing, co-ordinating, executing, and supervising all safety-related activities associated with shutdowns and construction (SIMOPS) on 10 remote Wellhead Platforms
• University degree in an Engineering subject, with a NEBOSH certification
• At least 15 years’ experience in an equivalent function in the oil and gas industry, with extensive safety and SHEQ knowledge, including regulatory requirements
• At least 10 years of managerial experience, with strong training and communication skills
• Previous experience of working for a top-tier Oil & Gas company is essential
• Previous experience of working in the Middle East is preferred
• The candidate must be fluent in both written and spoken English
If you fulfil all the key criteria for this position, then please apply online.
If you fulfil all the criteria stipulated, you will be contacted within 24 to 48 hours. If you do not fulfil the minimum criteria, we may contact you regarding alternative positions.