Purpose: Plans, manages, and supervises all safety activities to ensure that applicable Qatargas safety standards and programs are achieved and maintained at Qatargas on-plot/ off-plot facilities.
Key Job Accountabilities:
• Oversee the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of Qatargas Safety Programs in the area of responsibility. Champion of development of safety reports that identify critical activities, highlight safety concerns for management attention and ensure key safety information are communicated, followed-up and documented in a timely manner.
• Implement safety programs to ensure the safety and welfare of all parties within areas of responsibilities and to communicate to all concerned (in particular asset management ) the hazard identification and mitigation/ avoidance of unsafe acts and conditions and the need to addressing SHE concerns in a positive, effective and efficient manner to prevent reoccurrence.
• Provide safety input and review during all project phases (i.e. FEED, EPC, Commissioning and Start-up).
• Plan, direct, coordinates and supervise the activities of assigned personnel in the on-plot/ the off-plot areas and ensure proper coaching and development of all Qatargas employees within area of responsibility to make safety their first priority.
• Plan and implement techniques for effective risk and hazard identification and control to ensure the health and safety of all people on Qatargas facilities.
• Manage periodic reviews, audits and inspections of plant facilities to ensure adherence to regulatory standards and best practices encompassing personnel and equipment safety; industrial hygiene; fire protection; loss prevention; and emergency preparedness. Manage HSE external audits from shareholders and certification bodies
• Manage HSE Incidents from reporting till closeout within assigned assets. Manage incident prevention, safety recommendations, safety materials, and equipment.
• Manage related items within Safety and Risk budget preparation and management. Monitors expenditure and justifies variances.
• Ensure the Safety training program is aligned with the QG vision and Direction Statement, Is a focal point for all departments in analysis of safety information, trends, and prevention techniques to sustain the Incident and Injury Free Culture within the assigned assets.
• Establish standards and policies within the company that will ensure compliance to the State SHE Regulations, Internationally recognized SHE standards and best practices
• 10 years’ varied experience in safety operations, which of at least 3 years spent at a Supervisory Level.
• Expert knowledge of all operational aspects of the SEQ related function and can ast as a subject matter expert.
• Proficient in written and spoken English.
• Computer literacy (MS Office) including the use of software applications.
• Well developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with al organizational levels.
• Proven analytical, organizational and planning skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a Science