- Manage the subsurface information systems through designing, developing, loading and delivering complete valid data from seismic to production in the most cost effective manner, while maintaining the highest level of security compliance.
- Requires the application of conceptual and analytical judgment in developing data and information systems.
- Addresses complex discipline specific related problems and issues to meet customer requirements.
- Direct impact on how QG reservoir, geological and production data systems are utilised.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Implement a strategy for data information and knowledge management across R&P in order to harmonize data projects, reduce costs, and increase organization efficiency.
- Manage all hardware & technical application requirements and information sharing process for R&P department.
- Enforce the overall integrity & security governance, including quality controls for all data being loaded into the corporate databases including QP global Multi-Disciplinary Data Base (MDDB).
- Establish and monitor processes to provide reliable and seamless quality data to users in R&P Department and Qatargas shareholders.
- Ensure R&P data and processes are adequately covered through Qatargas business continuity plan on IT systems.
- Act as the main Qatargas contact for data projects with Qatar Petroleum and other operators of the North Field especially for the MDDB.
- Contribute and participate in various economic alternatives for R&P investment in IT resources. Recommends upgrades for sustainability and reliability of database and applications.
- Assure R&P system availability, access and authorization levels, storage and back up, including the Disaster Recovery Plan. Co-ordinate with IT department the network, hardware architecture, data traffic and data growth.
- Ensure timely data delivery to QG shareholders and stakeholders. Ascertain quality of data and information is in compliance with agreed protocols. Develop automation and uniformity in data exchange.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum 9 years’ experience in the oil and/or gas industry including 5 years’ experience in subsurface domain applications. 2 years’ experience in supervising data /information management teams and procurement of hardware/software.
- Experience in the use of industry standard tools for information management and administration.
- Knowledge and experience of computer programming. Experience in use of programming language to achieve automation in various Production and Reservoir Engineering applications. Knowledge and experience of standard engineering software including UNIX, LINUX and WINDOWS. In depth knowledge, and experience in data.
- Understanding of gas production, flow assurance, reservoir, geology and well design.
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Computer literacy (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with several organisational levels.
- Requires strong analytical, organisational and planning skills.