We are currently working with a growing E&P company conducting production and exploration operations in the Middle East. Our client is seeking an experienced Head of HSE who will be based in the beautiful city of Muscat, Oman with the responsibility to manage the HSE division.
As Head of HSE, you will be part of the senior management team and the focal point for Health, Safety and Environmental improvement throughout the business. You will play a leading role in developing HSE policy and influencing a safety culture together with ensuring operational risks, including major hazards, are identified and managed. You will establish best practice, develop standards, set targets and ensure continuous Health & Safety performance improvement. You will have responsibility for influencing the business\'s strategy for achieving Health & Safety excellence and will develop, maintain, and implement a comprehensive Health & Safety management system and supporting performance standards. Will advise on Health & Safety performance and identify / lead opportunities for improvement.
Role & Responsibilities:
* Support the implementation of a culture of commitment to HSE by all staff and contractors.
* Ensure that HSE activities in the Company are aligned with corporate strategies and business plans.
* Responsible for developing and maintaining a HSE Management System that ensures that internal HSE controls exist to identify and manage risks and for monitoring and reporting Company HSE performance.
* Provide leadership to and manage the activities of the HSE professionals and ensure that there are adequate, capable HSE resources in the company.
* Ensure that HSE records are maintained in an easily accessible and secure manner.
* Set HSE training standards for company and contractor personnel and support implementation of training programs by the Training department
* Establish a system of audits to ensure that control, mitigation and recovery measures are put in place by line management. Ensure that these audits are robust and that their output effectively informs Company Management of the HSE compliance within the Company.
* Prepare HSE related annual budget. Monitor, control and report monthly expenditures against the budget.
* Gain the commitment of all employees and contractors to managing the business and exhibiting behaviors consistent with oil and gas HSE standards and expectations.
Our client offers a competitive salary tax free salary depending on qualifications and experience. Additionally, my client provides a full expat package including accommodation, flights and medical/healthcare.
You will be Degree qualified in Engineering or equivalent with 15 years of experience in the upstream Oil & Gas sector. You will have a minimum of 5 years in HSE Management in the Upstream sector and will be able to demonstrate strong management skills and experience in leading and managing a multi-cultural and multi-discipline teams.
You must be a strong communicator with excellent written communication skills for reporting. You will establish and maintain relationships with all levels of employees, contractors and government relations and have the technical background and ability to ensure that risks related to HSE are managed and minimized to ensure cost effective operations.
This is a residential, family based position in Oman