We have an excellent opening for Dy. Plant Manager for Large Power and Desalination Plant in¬ SAUDI ARABIA.
Due to our clients continued expansion with the development and operation of the Rabigh IWSPP Project and is the Utilities provider (power, water, steam) within the Rabigh complex, the integrated refinery and petrochemical complex located north of Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Our client’s conventional thermal power plant consists of steam generator units with electrostatic precipitators, wet limestone FGD units and steam turbine generators all supplied by its EPC Contractor. Its main operations focus in ensuring continuous and uninterrupted supply of power requirements of Petro-Rabigh.
We are currently seeking the following:
DEPUTY PLANT MANAGER – IWSPP Power Plant Project – SAUDI ARABIA
The Plant Management provides overall leadership for the company and its employees. It oversees, monitors and develops the overall plant performance covering desalination, power and steam operations, ensuring the plant reliability and capacity are kept to the most desirable level. The main thrust is to ensure continuous and uninterrupted operation of the plant through well-coordinated activities between departments and the companies.
The Deputy Plant Manager provides support to the Plant Manager in ensuring that all activities of the three major departments, ie. Power, Desalination and Maintenance, are well co-ordinated as well with the off-taker in order to guarantee safe, continuous and uninterrupted operations.
The Deputy Plant Manager:
• Coordinates activities of O&M technical and administrative support teams (Technical Office, Supply Chain, Procurement, Warehouse, Materials Control, IT & Administration).
• Oversees staff’s performance to maintain safe and efficient operations of the plant.
• Analyzes budget impact and coordinate overhaul cost with Finance Department.
• Regularly updates the Plant Manager on backroom support department’s status and gets/enforces directives on pertinent plant issues.
• Leads the whole O&M support teams, and promote concerned employee’s welfare, increases productivity and motivations, keeps high morale, and promotes learning and development.
• Act as the Plant Manage during the latter’s absence.
• Performs other management functions on projects as maybe assigned by the GM and PM.
Candidates should be university graduate/BS Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or related fields), preferably with advanced degree or training in Management.
Excellent knowledge of power plant operations, safety and maintenance programs.
Knowledge of best practices in executive management, including finance, supply chain and materials management, IT and HSE.
At least 10 years of related experience with at least 5 years in managing technical personnel and complex activities. Strong exposure in engineering and technical services in a power plant or utilities environment.
Excellent management and leadership skills – coordination, planning, organizing, training, multilevel communication, coaching.