Company: Paradigm International
Location: Dubai Emirate, United Arab Emirates
Functional Supervisor: Hook-up & Completions Manager
Accountable: Project Manager
Paradigm International is currently seeking experienced Construction Manager to join our client’s production team in Dubai Office, this is a Contract Opportunity (06 Months Extendable).
Our Client is a leading provider of integrated engineering, procurement, construction and installation (EPCI) services for offshore and subsea field developments worldwide. They deliver fixed and floating production facilities, pipelines, and subsea systems from concept to commissioning to help oil companies safely produce and transport hydrocarbons. Core area they are in Offshore, Subsea Solutions and provide Concept to Commissioning(EPCI).
PRIMARY TASK OF POSITION
– Lead disciplined execution in both a Greenfield & Brownfield Project environment in line with PMT expectations on, HSE, Quality, Technical requirements and Execution performance.
– Provide professional leadership and governance for site works (Offshore/Onshore) specifically related to Employer commitments, including the management of sub-contractor and or third party activities relating to site implementation, pre-commissioning and completions activities.
– Responsible for establishing and enforcing policies and procedures aligned to Functional standards.
– Direct and co-ordinate all specific implementation works, planning and labour requirements in line with schedule, and liaise with PMT with regards to budget and change management.
– Manage and co-ordinate all Sub-Contractor implementation activities to ensure milestones and KPI’s are delivered against business expectations.
– Monitor Sub-Contractor employee / industrial relations.
– Identify and request all resources and or recruitment of implementation personnel.
– Interface with Operations, Pre-commissioning, Design, Engineering and Quality groups to obtain full scope understanding to optimum delivery success.
– Lead constructability reviews / process with a focus on design optimization to minimize execution man-hours whilst monitoring input from 3C team.
– Actively participate and take ownership of class 4 man-hour estimates and bid execution strategy inputs whilst supporting estimating team as an SME.
– Lead and drive 3C readiness process to ensure effective preparation of project site activities have been carried out aligned to schedule logic.
– Accountable for the implementation oversight of all field activities aligned to industry / Client best practices.
– Manage the timely delivery of documentation, fabrication, materials, personnel and vendors aligned to execution schedule and escalate to PMT if you witness deliverable slippage.
– Manage and monitor implementation related changes and growth during project execution.
– Be an active member of the PMT and provide technical expertise, for example, problem-solving, smart planning and budget explanations.
– As part of PMT manage execution budgets against class 4 estimates and look for opportunities to improve project / business return (GP).
– Evaluate, propose and MPV as part of marine spread requirements suitable for project execution (Employer’s Project Vessels)
RESPONSIBILITIES (in addition to Primary Task)
Health, Safety, and Environment:
– Provide leadership and manage site incidents / hazards investigations and communicate findings to PMT and Function Management team.
– Provide H&S leadership to Client/ Sub-contractors and 3rd party teams to ensure execution risks and mitigations are identified and suitable mitigations are in place.
– Manage day-to-day HSE performance of all site personnel during execution activities to ensure leading indicators are achieved.
– Monitor the delivery of quality project functional documentation, for example, CWP / HCP / Schedules.
– Ensure accurate and rational inputs are provided into Project execution schedules that reflect optimum, realistic and measurable man-hours.
– Monitor site queries and NCR’s through quality front end planning and preparations to ensure minimal change / non-compliance.
Cost / Budget:
– Manage Project site activity processes within agreed budget constraints.
– Track execution budgets and ensures compliance with approved budgets is maintained and or improved; ensuring change is documented according to MoC process.
– Monitor and investigate CONQ outcomes and capture leanings aligned to policy.
Schedule / Reporting:
– Manage site teams to ensure project schedule is effectively communicated and known by all including sub-contractors and third parties.
– Actively manage SPI and PF against schedule and track sub-contractor / 3rd party / vendor compliance.
Leadership / Commitment:
– Provide guidance and oversight on all implementation handover milestones and communication progress.
– Recognise and know own and other roles and responsibilities and communicate aligned to organizational charts.
– Actively monitor and maintain teamwork at all levels ensuring sub-contractor / 3rd party personnel are included.
– Maintain a high level of project ownership throughout all phases of work.
– Lead the ongoing development of innovation and continuous improvement objectives and ensure learning opportunities to limit wastage and unplanned impacts are mitigated.
Building Effective Business Relationships:
– Communicate with confidence and concisely, lead my example to ensure Clients and Stakeholders are given assurance that you and your team can deliver.
– Actively seek feedback from customers to gauge the satisfaction of your and your site team’s performance from both internal and external stakeholders and implement improvement opportunities.
– Give clear feedback to your direct reports / sub-contractor / third parties on their performance.
People management and development:
– Support Functional Management by identifying high potential team members.
– Performance manages functional personnel as necessary and give feedback.
Technical / Systems:
– Provide sound and rational advice within the PMT to ensure project / business objectives are met over that of the short-term personnel gains.
– Develop company’s capability and relationship with Client, to build future business opportunities.
– Liaise with other functional groups and build effective relationships.
– Monitor smart Goal & Objectives set against team performances.
– Achieve personnel Goals and Objectives aligned to project / business needs and ensure periodic reviews and final signoff is carried out with line manager.
– Provide support in the FEL estimates as SME as required.
Selection Criteria – Essential:
– Ability to develop robust execution procedures, and deliver aligned to 3C Improvement Plan.
– Set clear & realistic timeframes for self & others, and provide the team with a clear sense of direction by reducing inter-discipline barriers, and taking ownership of results.
– Interpersonal and Client / Stakeholder liaison skills which create and sustain high-quality relationships.
– Operate in a professionally ethical way.
– Never compromise HSE or quality standards to achieve tight deadlines.
Selection Criteria – Desirable:
– Take accountability of the sub-contractor / third party performance during the life cycle of Project and performance manage accordingly at the individual level in order to build an effective team.